Passed Event Info
Bosnia Summer School 2017: 7-21 August, Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
ISLAM IN EUROPE: Challenges of Pluralism
The programme is designed for European graduate students majoring in Islamic Studies, humanities or social sciences and who are interested in developing their knowledge
and expertise in the topics listed below. The programme will also provide an opportunity for participants to present and discuss theit particular research in workshops. During
the course of the programme, participants will complete a total of 80 hours of direct research and instruction and will receive a certificate of attendance from the organisers.
The participants may gain 5 ECTS for the programme from the Faculty of Islamic Studies in Sarajevo. In addition to Sarajevo, participants will visit Mostar and Srebrenica.
- Islam in Europe
- Approaching the Qur'an Today
- Qur'an and Gender
- Approaching the Sunnah Today
- Challenges for Islamic Law and Ethics in the West
- Research Methodology for Islamic Sciences and Studies
- Major Concepts in Contemporary Western and Islamic Thought
- Issues in Revival and Reform
- Crisis of Islamic Civilization
- Futures Studies in Postnormal Times
- Freedom of Religion or Belief
- Jasser Auda
- Jonathan Brown
- Fikret Karcic
- Jorgen S. Nielsen
- Younus Mirza
- Shuruq Naquib
- Ziauddin Sardar
- Ahmet Alibasic
- Ermin Sinanovic
- Enes Karic
Attendance by Registration only. Places are limited. Those interested, and competent in English, should complete and submit the online application form no later than 1 May 2017.
Contact the following for more information: email: email@example.com, tel: +387-33-716-042, mob: +387-61-330-035
- International Institute of Islamic Thought, London Office, UK
- Faculty of Islamic Studies, Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzogovina
- Institute for Epistemological Studies Europe, Brussels
- Center for Advanced Studies, Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzogovina
In cooperation with:
- The Fairfax Institute, USA
The programme will be held in English. Food and accomodation for participants will be covered by the organizers. There is a limited number of scholarships available to cover travel expenses for the students who cannot find funding from other sources. Students should have their own insurance coverage.
Announcement Flyer (pdf).